Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday a.m. news

I'll fit in as much as possible before Mrs. Melvisdog awakes...

1. The Bears recall Johann somebody from the Rays - A preface to another Bear coming to Washington? Who's hurt? I missed the memo, but its possible that Fleischman tripped over his 10 friggin' goals coming out of the shower and pulled his disbelief muscle (I've got a stupid drunken bet with Peaker that he won't hit 30 this year. He's probably already planning how to spend it).

2. The Yotes are facing a 25 to 35 million dollar loss this season. They're a team I've enjoyed watching on Center Ice. Good grit, speed, talent, youth etal. I hope they make it through the next 2 seasons with their shirts on their backs and financially stable.

3. I won't editorialize on the Avery suspension, but you've gotta love it when your own team hates your guts.

4. Adam Proteau's an Ovie fan. On the Hockey New's first show on XM204 yesterday, he was asked if he could pick Malkin or Ovechkin in the 2004 draft, who goes first. He confirmed Ovie as the number 1 spot citing personality and marketability among his likeable traits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why editorialize Avery further? He's a joke.

Melvisdog said...

Agreed. That was kinda my point. However, a one sentence mention to highlight his near universal status as an entity beyond "superpest" was/is warranted.