Monday, December 8, 2008

Carolina Blue

Yesterday afternoon's game in Raleigh left me a little blue for a couple of reasons:

1. Need points - As BB mentioned, the points were there for the taking. The next couple of games aren't going to be any easier going against a rejuvenated Ottawa, a smarting Montreal, and a positively juggernautical (a word? I like it, screw it) Bruins squad.

2. Bad goalie, bad - My dogs listen to me when I chastise them in this manner. I tell them they're bad and they cease bad behavior. If only it was that easy with Josés. I think with Josés, they need to feel slighted or indignant to play better (such as playing against your old team -- see Montreal). Apparently feeling job pressure doesn't work. I wonder when management says enough is enough.

3. Lepisto needs new skates - He complained about his skates so maybe that was the cause of his blunder against Samsonov... AND Andy Sutton last week. It's possible... He's got great hands which get him out of trouble and let him direct the puck at will... but he looks like a newborn baby colt on wobbly knees whence the pressure begins.

4. Alzner looks good - Shultz may have found his replacement

No comments: